… is like an FB post without hashtags!:P PJ I know, but that is all my mind can come up with, when you get home late from work, and have more to do before you call it a day. I knew this month would be tough, but I also knew that I had to do this when the urge strikes. No regrets there, though am already lost and it is only Day 3.😉 Anyway, before I lose out on the bits and pieces of sanity left in me today, let me put down all those random thoughts crossing my mind.
- Been wanting to do the travelogue on the Kanchipuram-Vellore trip , but haven’t found time to copy the pics, resize them, post them yada yada. Why am I putting this down here? Oh well! Just to convince myself that I have atleast 1 out of 25 remaining posts sorted out.🙂
- While on travelogues, I think I can also make merry by posting those ancient travel tales of our visits to Kanyakumari, the Andhra circuit, a couple of nearby sojourns, my backpacking trips to a couple of places (there are people who still ask me if I travel alone :O) and so on. I think they can make up for the whole month.😉
- Talking about the numerous trips reminds me of my new found respect for truck drivers. Err, not literally *new found*, but I have been writing here after a long time, no?😉 So, anyone who spends a lot of time on the highways can easily relate to what I am talking about. They are the ones who actually follow the road rules, stick to the lanes and so on. Lane discipline doesn’t mean anything at all to the others! Also, let us not forget that we owe so much to them, starting from the tomatoes we eat to the cars we lavishly drive around.
- Talking about people we owe so much of our daily comfortable existence to, let us not forget the traffic police. The amount of dust around our place has reached an all-time high, what with the construction of a prominent mall, a mighty residential complex with more than 2.5 homes and the metro work, all happening at once. While we struggle to even walk till the main road to get to work, I see them guarding the vehicles all day long, breathing in all that garnished air, tackling people who just don’t listen to them and drive the way they want. How easy is it for us to paint everyone blank saying that they never do their work!
- Since we are anyway talking about people, I have been wondering how confusing humans are. Or may be, I don’t find them so anymore. For an extremely sensitive person like me, if there’s one major lesson I have learnt in this field of work, it is to ‘let go’. I heard someone tell today that they got demoralized since a review meeting pointed towards something having not been upto the mark. Why would this demoralize you? Why is it so difficult for people to take a ‘No‘ for an answer, receive a feedback well or just talk to you directly rather than biting your back! Life is just so simple; I believe in talking it out with people, rather than assuming things. We make things so complex. It makes one so guarded when they want to present your views. One great realization that I have had though is that it is the naysayers who keep you going, more than anybody else. Yes, it warms your heart to know that there are people there for you unconditionally, the naysayers matter a lot too.🙂
- Before I start going on another tangent, let me stop for the day. This does count for a post, doesn’t it?😉