It’s been ages since I did a ‘Ten on Tuesday‘ post. For those who are new to this, it’s as simple as posting ten things about a topic (or even randomly) on a Tuesday. Idea originated from Shilpa’s blog.
I thought I would share some DIY tips for healthy skin, hair, home etc.. Yes yes, I have posted some before too, but given that we are a very *made at home, locally made etc..* kind of family and minimize chemicals to the greatest extent possible, there is no dearth of such ideas 😛 Oh well, like I say, anything for a post when you have to do one daily 😀
- Don’t throw away spoilt coconut. Soak a fistful of fenugreek seeds overnight, grind it with this coconut in the morning and apply on your hair. Leave it on your hair for about an hour or two (lesser if you catch cold easily) and wash off. One of the best conditioners ever.
- This is another brilliant DIY to leave your hair soft and shiny – the coconut oil moisture therapy. Check here.
- One great tip I follow for keeping my eyes feeling fresh and relaxed is applying castor oil around them every night. This is a routine which I never miss. Try out and you will not feel like leaving it at all. It works wonders!
- My grandma used to strongly recommended castor oil for stomach ache. I remember her smearing some oil on a betel leaf and placing it over the navel whenever we complained of stomach ache. She says this is especially useful to reduce body heat. My Mom says drinking about half a glass of milk with just 4-5 drops of castor oil at night really helps in reducing the body hear.
- I read these very simple, amazing exercises to get rid of dark circles. I have tried them and they are very powerful indeed. Do take a look.
- If you are feeling bloated or gastric problems are making you feel sick, try chewing cinnamon (1/4-1/2 inch). Makes you feel better really quick. You can also check my previous post for other DIYs.
- The brahmastra for cough and congestion would be this: Dry roast a mix of cloves and long pepper. Powder them fine and take along with lukewarm water.
- Brush your teeth with a mixture of salt, turmeric and lemon juice every night. Keeps them healthy, white and keeps bad breath at bay.
- We don’t use any chemicals at home for keeping the floors clean. Essential oils can work wonders. My favourite is a few drops of lemongrass oil, on alternate days or even just 2-3 times a week. Keeps germs away while lending a wonderful aroma too. You could also try using tea-tree, peppermint etc..
- Been using just baking soda and vinegar for cleaning the toilet bowls for a while now. Check here for more.
Do tell me what are the home DIY tips you follow too. Would love to know 🙂